City of Chicago
Industrial Growth Zones
The Industrial Growth Zone (IGZ) program is designed to expedite the development process for vacant or underutilized industrial properties for company relocations or expansions. Established in the Lake Calumet & Burnside Industrial Corridors, the Industrial Growth Zones (IGZ) offer the following resources:
- Information gathering for existing site conditions
- Up to $130,000 in financial assistance for environmental assessments and remediation
- Free site marketing to developers and companies
- Streamlined development incentives
- Expedited permitting, licensing, and inspections
- Assistance with workforce hiring and training
- Concierge services that provide a single point of-contact to assist with regulatory issues
Successful Use of IGZ Program
In Spring 2017, Chicago Rail & Port was opening its new facility on 103rd Street in the Lake Calumet Industrial Corridor. Being new to the city’s permitting & application process, Chicago Rail & Port needed direction to get its business license & drive-way permit approved as soon as possible. After learning its location was in the Lake Calumet Industrial Growth Zone (IGZ), Calumet Area Industrial Commission (CAIC) linked Chicago Rail & Port to the program.
To help expedite its business license & permit application, IGZ staff worked with Chicago Rail management to review and gather additional information to process its applications. The IGZ staff then worked with the city’s Business Affairs office to expedite the applications. Within a few short weeks, Chicago Rail & Port received its business license & driveway permit.
For more information about the IGZ program, please visit www.growthzones.com or contact Beth Dybala at 773-928-6000 ext. 224 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.